Most women who have had a C section or cesarean section ask the same question, how long after c section can you get pregnant as they would love to get pregnant. There are many reasons behind this fast and urgent move like age or desire to have kids with small age difference etc. But with this urge of having a child may also questionable with getting pregnant after c section that you have had. Another question relatable to your pregnancy is related to appropriate time to conceive. Most of the people who decide to have kids are looking for the ways to conceive quickly.
- 1 How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Pregnant After C Section?
- 2 How Long After C Section Can You Get Pregnant And Why Should One Have Wait Long?
- 3 Boost Chances Of Getting Pregnant After Cesarean
- 4 Chances Of Normal Delivery After C Section
- 5 Conclusion:
How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Pregnant After C Section?
Medically it is recommended to wait for at least 18 months to pregnancy after cesarean section. And it is the same period that suggests for women who give birth vaginally. The 18 month period provides time to heal your body’s scars that developed during last delivery. Your body becomes healthier if you give it a longer time to recover. The healing process of the body is important especially in the case when you would like to have the next baby vaginally. It will assure that you and your baby will not face any problems in the future.
How Long After C Section Can You Get Pregnant And Why Should One Have Wait Long?
Many factors decide the period for getting pregnant and the most important are:
- After delivery, your body needs to heal. For many women, it takes a long time as you lost a lot of nutrients when delivering this way. So your body needs time to replenish them. It may be possible that you lose blood during childbirth or anemic as the iron present in your body shared with the placenta and the baby during the time of pregnancy. It is a truth delivering through the C section can cause more blood in women compared to vaginal delivery.
- Try to avoid health complications as much as possible. Research shows that women have a high risk of complication if they get pregnant soon after giving birth. For example, they may suffer from the ruptured uterus or have high chances of premature birth or baby with low birth weight. So it depends on your health that how long after C section can you get pregnant.
- Take time for proper planning. It is advisable to take enough time before planning another baby. It also gives you time to relax and heal. So you may find the appropriate time to decide when you want to add one more member in your family as per your all over conditions.
You need not worry too much if you get pregnant earlier than the recommended time. One can reduce the risk of developing complication by following the guidelines. If you are in your late thirties, then note that the risk of conceiving increases with age so you may have to conceive earlier than the given time. You have to also keep in mind that the risk of having complications highly increased during this age. So always seek guidance from your doctor as he/she will suggest you most appropriate time to conceive.
Boost Chances Of Getting Pregnant After Cesarean
It is reasonable and understandable that why most of the women asking how soon after c section can I get pregnant. If you are one of them who is getting confused, then consult a physician. If your doctor and you both believed that you are healthy enough, then you can choose to have fertility treatment. But this treatment is very costly, and not all of the couple can afford it. In case of if you are looking for ways to how soon can you get pregnant after c section of getting pregnant in a natural way, then here are some tips for you.
1. Take Vitamins
Increase the intake of vitamins in your daily diet. It is because during delivery you went through a vitamin removing process. So if you desire to get pregnant again, you have to become strong and healthy once again. Folic acid and prenatal vitamin supplements are some of the vitamins that you should include in the diet.
2. Understand Your Menstrual Cycle
After pregnancy, your body will take some time to come back to the regular period cycle. It is because of the pregnancy that causes a lot of hormonal changes in the body. You need to be very acute when observing the cycle to conceive fast. Once you find the pattern of the cycle, you know the days of ovulating and can be sure of getting pregnant faster.
3. Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle is an excellent way of getting pregnant after cesarean section. For maintaining a healthy lifestyle, you need to eat a balanced diet, avoid smoking, drinking and caffeine consumption. Stay calm, avoid high levels of stress, and to maintain a relaxing mood when you are preparing for conception.
4. Relax After Sex
Sex positions do not matter that much to conceive. But after the climax take some time and relax for approx. 15-20 minutes. So that sperm can go beyond the cervix and increase your chances of conception.
5. Keep a positive approach
Always think positive and hope for the best. Having a positive approach for your early pregnancy can help you by reducing stress and depression.
Chances Of Normal Delivery After C Section
Most women are interested in having their second baby born vaginally after their first child through cesarean delivery. Some women want to have children via the C section because they considered this way safe for them. However, in the last few years, most of these women urged to have vaginal births because they are generally safe. And with the safety, you can recover quickly by normal delivery. Chances of vaginal delivery after c section depends on the following factors:
• Type of incision on the uterus
• Reasons why you had the C section delivery
• Your previous medical information
So it is all about how long after c section can you get pregnant. It is always recommended to take advice and consultation from your doctor for getting pregnant after c section. Share your experience and doubts with us using the comment box below. Thank you for reading!